Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:30:38 +0000
From:      Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   memory in the kernel

I have to malloc a lot of memory in the kernel, hence a few
questions:

1. The data must be absolutely present at all times, no page
faults or locking mechanisms, etc. Does that mean
I should use kmem_alloc_wired() or am I misunderstanding its purpose?
Does it make sense to alloc less than a pageful or is the rest simply
going to be wasted?

2. Unfortunately, I need to realloc a lot as data is dynamic and I
don't know sizes beforehand. How do I do that? Do I malloc a new
region, copy manually and release the old one?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Anatoly.

--
Anatoly Vorobey,