Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 18:29:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Weber-Fahr <listmail@helena.callcenter.systemhaus.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vanishing isdnd - whats that ?

Hi,

> > >Apr  1 18:00:00 hekabe isdnd[9881]: DBG handle_active: rates unit length updat
> > >ed 90 -> 150
> > >Apr  1 18:00:00 hekabe isdnd[9881]: ERR ioctl I4B_TIMEOUT_UPD failed: Invalid
> > >argument
>
> A charging zone is crossed.
>
> It might be that the new values conflict with the settings for earlyhangup
> et al. and isdnd refuses to use the new values.

Hm... not sure about that: when I restart isdnd after this exit it starts
and works without complaint. Therefore the values for the new zone
in and by itself shouldn't be inconsistent.

> The interaction between all this parameters is a bit difficult, i.e. the
> validity of idletime and earlyhangup has to be checked for all possible
> values for unit length got from the rates file. This is not done currently
> and is probably the cause for the described problem.

hm... anyway, I'll append (hopefully all) the relevant lines from my
isdnd.rc :

entry

name                    = I4BIP1        # name for reference
usrdevicename           = isp           # ipr, tel, rbch
usrdeviceunit           = 0             # unit number

ratetype                = 0             # city
unitlength              = 90            # default unit length
earlyhangup             = 5             # safety zone
unitlengthsrc           = rate          # none, rate, cmdl, conf, aocd

dialin-reaction         = reject        # accept, reject,
dialout-type            = normal        # normal or calledback

dialretries             = 300
recoverytime            = 3
calledbackwait          = 20
dialrandincr            = off