Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 17:27:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Language Barrier [Was: Could FreeBSD be ...]

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > Well, that's -chat here: Jordan, is your Ukrainian better than his
> > English? :-))
>
> If I ever join any Ukranian mailing lists and need to make
> myself understood in that language, I'll let you know. :)
>
> 					Jordan

Who knows, maybe the English language has reached its zenith.  I have
actually found myself a few times wanting to read foreign language
websites and being aware of my complete lack of language skills.

In the late 1800s and early 1900s, Americans working in the areas of
physics, aerodynamics, chemistry and chemical engineering often had to
_learn_ German (not just pass an exam) in order to keep up with
developments.

Charles Mott