Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:29:44 -0400
From:      Dominic Blais <dblais@interplex.ca>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 65.59.233.102

Hi,

We have a PPPoE server running FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p3 with mpd-5.6. It used=
 to work very well for 6 weeks and now the "Internet traffic" stops almost =
each day.

Symptoms:

- I still can ssh to the server from the LAN.
- The users connected to mpd by PPPoE can't access Internet.
- I tried to do a "whois 65.59.233.102" to know where it's from and the who=
is server doesn't answer probably because the request never get sent.

I tried to restart mpd, the users are reconnecting but they still can't acc=
ess the Internet. I need to reboot to recover from that. Note that, each da=
y it happened, it's always the same IP address (65.59.233.102) that's in th=
e error message. That error appears up to 5 times per second.

Actually, this server has only 1 NIC (bge0). It has an IP on that internet =
and also a vlan interface (vlan0 [pvid 2]) that's used for PPPoE between mp=
d and the pppoe clients.

--
Dominic Blais