Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 2009 15:02:22 -0700
From:      Lawrence Stewart <lstewart@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reproducible if_wpi panic "not enough data, data_len 2 space 1" on FreeBSD 9-CURRENT with WPA

Hi All,

I have an Intel 3945ABG in my Toshiba R600 laptop which fairly reliably
panics a while after I associate it with a WPA AP. It will happily
associate and pass packets for some time (10's of minutes) and then
panic. I have managed to trigger it both times I've tried to associate
with this particular AP (some sort of NetGear 802.11n capable unit).

Plenty of details here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~lstewart/misc/wpi_debug/core.txt
http://people.freebsd.org/~lstewart/misc/wpi_debug/kgdb_output.txt

My /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:

##########
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
network={
         ssid="X"
         proto=WPA
         psk="Y"
}

Suggestions most welcome. In particular, the comment above the KASSERT
that is firing in frame 10 seems to indicate that some prodding at the
logic in the michael_mic() function may be required.

Cheers,
Lawrence