Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 16:28:20 +0200
From:      "Doron Shmaryahu" <doron@iti.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3com 3cxe589et

HI,

I have installed 3.3 and have got my system to recognise the pcmcia card (as
ep0). It configures it, no problem. When I traceroute out it works but
extremely slow, I cannot ping, also when trying to ping from another
workstation every second packet has a delay three of four times the amount.
The only thing I can think of the mode in which the card operates i.e.. full
and half duplex... Can anyone give me advice on this.

thanks in advance

Regards

Doron Shmaryahu
ITI (Pty) Ltd