Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 1995 12:01:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ed1: warning - receiver ring buffer overrun

>   It's caused by the receive buffer in the ethernet card overflowing. Is it
>a 16bit card? If not, you should change it. If it is, then I'd just ignore it;
>it's not a very important error.

Its a 16bit SMC, so basically what is happening is the small on-card buffer is
pitching packets, which will be resent.  The card is in a crappy 486/66 so I
wouldnt be suprised if it wasnt servicing the card as often as it should.

-Crh

    Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu

                     http://rs560.msu.edu/~henrich/