Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2012 13:41:46 +0100
From:      Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld with clang breaks because no cc

On 2012-11-23 13:38, Beeblebrox wrote:
> Looks like I should have placed these in my /etc/src.conf:
> WITH_CLANG= yes

This is not strictly necessary, WITH_CLANG is already enabled by
default.

> WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS= yes

In most cases, you will not need the llvm/clang extras, and they will
add some build time.

> WITH_CLANG_IS_CC= yes

If you want to use WITHOUT_GCC, as you mentioned in your first post, you
will indeed need this setting.

> I don't believe I will need anything under /usr/src/tools. How can I disable
> that in /etc/src.conf? The man page does not have that info.

You cannot disable them, some of the tools under there are needed for
buildworld.  Others are just nice to have for specific jobs, like
cleaning up old files, or regression tests.