Date:      25 Nov 2002 14:09:47 -0800
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: any advice before I buy a printer for FreeBSD?

Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net> writes:

> Nice color inkjet printer, WITH Postscript.

The guy wanted to print lots of PDF.  He should consider getting a laser
printer if he can live without color or buy a cheapo ink sprayer for
that.  Laser printers can be got quite cheaply these days, especially
used ones.  Many know Postscript.  (Mine cost 20 USD + a gear/toner
cleanout.  They're faster, cheaper on ink and don't have ink jet
clogging problems like I had with my Epson ink jet.  The fixing of which
would have cost more than many printers cost.  Grrr.  Keep your Espon
ink jets well exercised.)