Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:48:15 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: syslogd fun (fwd)

Simon Shapiro scribbled this message on Aug 28:
> Is this something we have to worry about in FreeBSD?  I think it may, but
> do not know...

nope...  freebsd's syslog in -current has the ability to turn on reception
of such messages from specific hosts... and when you specify "secure"
mode (which doesn't accept messages) you can still send messages to
remote hosts for logging...

commited 5/3/97 by Joerg...

ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD