Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:33:52 +0200
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        "Meissner, Norbert" <norbert.meissner@daimlerchrysler.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AW: 3.1 release slow

At 15.07 29/03/99 +0200, you wrote:
>> them manually to the filesystem[s]. Compile it with optimizations turned
>> on, because by default FreeBSD's kernels aren't optimized.
>	[Meissner, Norbert]  Which optimization? -O3 or -O2

  Actually I'm using -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer.
Probably -fomit-frame-pointer is already turned on by -On, but it doesn't
cost anything to specify it. -O3 turns on inline functions, so I would
expect a too large kernel... anyway I never tried it.
  Put the options you want in your /etc/make.conf (COPTFLAGS)... just in
case you didn't know.

>	Greetings from Germany

  Greetings from Italy! :-)

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it