Date:      20 Nov 2003 18:46:46 +0100
From:      Stacy Olivas <olivas@digiflux.org>
To:        Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCO goes after BSD?

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 18:47, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:35:15 +0100
> Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl> wrote:
>
> > Devon H. O'Dell [Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 06:24:57PM +0100]:
> > > What does this have to do with the advocacy of FreeBSD?

I think the point here is that, since there is a hint that SCO may try
to go after BSD, people who are promoting it's use are going to have to
work a little but harder now.

> > Well, we are unable now to advocate FreeBSD via saying:
> > 	"SCO is after Linux, so please use BSD"
> > ;)

That is true.  I'm sure someone has used that line to get people to use
BSD.  But, now people who buy the SCO FUD will be skeptical of BSD like
they are of Linux.

-Stacy