Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 17:28:00 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        core@freebsd.org, alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: broken loader?

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 05:08:10PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:

I should have first said how much I appreciate Daniel and he is a God
send as he took on 4th where no one else would.  With out Daniel we would
not have any where near as good a loader as we do.  He is doing a
thankless job.

My only qualms are [potentially] dangerous commits that are not tested
across all platforms.  I know it can slow things down some, but I think a
better approach would be to post diffs for an upgrade/overhall to
freebsd-alpha, freebsd-ppc, and what ever list would reach freebsd-pc98
users; and ask for people to test it.  You would probably have to wait
2-3 weeks for feedback, but considering how fundamental the loader is
(and how most of us cannot even read .4th files so debugging by others
quite hard), is such a delay really no tolerable.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)