Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2012 22:29:21 +0200
From:      Sebastian Stach <sebsta@t-online.de>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: em interfaces supermicro X9SCM-F board

I just need to run a tool like iperf and let it run. After about 1-2 =
hours my nic will just hang
without any messages. I can't even ping the machine anymore. I also =
installed Solaris to check
if it's maybe a FreeBSD problem but it's the same there.

The support told me that they know about problems with the nics and the =
BIOS version 2.0
but that the new update should fix it.

Which BIOS version do you have?

Sebastian Stach

Am 05.06.2012 um 22:16 schrieb Miroslav Lachman:

> There is a differenc between X9SCM-F and X9SCA-F. The SCM version has =
82579V and 82574L NIC, but X9SCA-F has both NICs 82574L.
> And as I read about some problems with 82579V on the net, I bought =
X9SCA-F few weeks ago.
> I didn't notice any problem.
>=20
> Can you describe the conditions when you have some network problems so =
I can do some tests?