Date:      Sun, 25 Sep 2022 20:52:17 +0200
From:      Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        Brian Lambert <bcblam@yahoo.ca>
Cc:        "freebsd-riscv@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-riscv@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VisionFive 2 - quad-core RISC-V dev board

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 2:05 PM Tomek CEDRO wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 10:16 AM Brian Lambert wrote:
> > Noticed this board on Kickstarter. Thought others would be interested.
> > quad SiFive U74 1.5GHz cores
> > BXE-4-32 GPU
> > https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starfive/visionfive-2
> > brian
>
> Thanks Brian! The Kickstarter campaign is now closed (3 days ago) but
> it is possible to preorder at AllNetChina:
>
> https://shop.allnetchina.cn/collections/starfive/products/starfive-visionfive-2nd-generation-single-board-computer
>
> Super Early Bird (1/100MBit+1GBit Eth) is supposed to ship in 202212.
> Early Bird (2x1GBit Eth) is supposed to ship in 202302.
>
> I did order Early Bird 8GB RAM + WiFi6 + USBC PSU + eMMC 16GB around
> $150 with shipping costs.
> There is also LCD option with touch but its not HD only 1280x800 at
> 10" and its additional $55.

I have some additional information on similar RISC-V based board
called STAR64 from PINE64:

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/STAR64

This one is also based on RISC-V QuadCore U74 StarFive JH7110, better
GPU, and PCI-E slot, built in WiFi+BT. Not sure when it will be
available for purchase. I have asked for status update on pine64
forum, will update here when I know more :-)