Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:39:55 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        AngryWolf <angrywolf2009@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual booting Windows 7 and FreeBSD (and possibly GRUB)

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:16:53 +0100, AngryWolf <angrywolf2009@gmail.com> wrote:
> Even if you installed FreeBSD *before* Windows, you can restore the
> FreeBSD boot manager with sysinstall (select the Custom installation
> from the main menu), for example.

Well... in fact, that's not restoring the boot manager,
this is re-installing the boot manager. :-)

You can install the boot manager also from a FreeBSD
live file system or fixit console, using the boot0cfg
command, if I remember that procedure correctly.

> Or GRUB can also be another way to go,
> of course.

Especially in conjunction with Linux as another OS on
the disk, I think this would be the most comfortable
solution.

But as I said, I'm no multi-booter. =^_^=

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany