Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 12:19:42 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MPEG audio/video sync & Re: These mtv video pauses are murder

Luigi Rizzo:
 |I suppose the problem if any will be in the capture phase. We have a
 |way to timestamp (using the cpu clock) incoming video frames (do you
 |use that ?), but e.g. for audio you cannot rely on the sample rate

I do store off a timestamp for each frame of data (video frame +
accumulated audio to that point).  This is used to know how many frames we
missed, which is how many times the preceeding frame is replicated in the
mpeg_encode input stream to normalize the video back up to the full FPS rate.

Thanks,

Randall