Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 1996 16:11:38 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        mpp@mpp.minn.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: line command

    Mike> I'm trying to get some of the scripts in
    Mike> /usr/src/share/man/tools working, and some of them use a
    Mike> "line" command.  Does anyone have any idea what this command
    Mike> is supposed to do, and what the else I might use in its
    Mike> place?

Reads up to newline or EOF on standard input and echos the read data
to standard output.  Non-POSIX version supports a -t <timeout> option.
Replace with `read' in sh, $< in csh, others in other shells.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali.  He was using a dotted
line.  He caught every other fish. -- Steven Wright