Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 1995 02:12:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric L. Hinson" <erich@auglink.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sanity of FreeBSD 2.0R (Help?)

Hi there,

I have been having considerable difficulty in compiling various programs
(even recompiling the kernel). :(  These programs compile ok on the
1.1.5.1 box (that this one will replace).  I installed from the 2.0R CD
from Walnut Creek, and used the updated boot and cpio floppies from
ftp.freebsd.org.  Installed everything except X (which tie install didn't
seem to want to install for some reason).

What I need to know is what would I need to do in order to get the OS to
become more sane (and compile programs without bombing out) state before
opening it up to users?

I wish we could hold off until 2.1 is released, We are already weeks
behind in getting this new machine up and running after wrestling with
a comercial unix OS which was not supported to the extent that requires.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

Eric

--
Eric L. Hinson :: Internet: erich@auglink.org :: AugLink Public Access Unix
Sys Admin :: "Whom the gods would destroy they first send mad" -- J. Duport