Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:18:03 +0200
From:      Rolf Grossmann <rg@progtech.net>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Equivalent of in_port and out_port with in-kernel nat?

Hi,

I've started switching my machines to in-kernel nat and I've run into a
case where I need to tell the nat instance which packets to treat as
incoming and which as outgoing. With natd I've been able to use divert
with different ports and in_port and out_port options. The in-kernel nat
however doesn't seem to have a method of specifying nat direction and
instead always uses the information from the interface.

My question is, am I missing something? Is there a patch I could try?
Has the issue even come up before?

Thanks, Rolf.