Date:      Fri, 19 May 2006 17:04:25 +0900
From:      Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
To:        Harti Brandt <harti@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: small patch for ngctl

Harti Brandt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 19 May 2006, Ganbold wrote:
>
> I did not yet look at your patch, but does it work with ngctl receiving
> unexpected messages?
How can I test this? I tested on RELENG_6 machine which has following hooks:

ngctl mkpeer xl1: tee lower right
ngctl connect xl1: xl1:lower upper left
ngctl name xl1:lower xl1_tee
ngctl mkpeer xl1_tee: netflow left2right iface0
ngctl name xl1:lower.left2right netflow
ngctl connect xl1_tee: netflow: right2left iface1
ngctl msg netflow: setifindex { iface=0 index=2 }
ngctl msg netflow: setifindex { iface=1 index=1 }
ngctl mkpeer netflow: ksocket export inet/dgram/udp
ngctl msg netflow:export connect inet/127.0.0.1:8818

ngctl mkpeer xl0: tee lower right
ngctl connect xl0: xl0:lower upper left
ngctl name xl0:lower xl0_tee
ngctl mkpeer xl0_tee: netflow left2right iface2
ngctl name xl0:lower.left2right netflow0
ngctl msg netflow0: setifindex { iface=2 index=4 }
ngctl connect xl0_tee: netflow0: right2left iface3
ngctl msg netflow0: setifindex { iface=3 index=3 }
ngctl mkpeer netflow0: ksocket export inet/dgram/udp
ngctl msg netflow0:export connect inet/127.0.0.1:8818

It seems like works at a first glance.
> I remember we had something like this in the tree
> already, but it was backed out, because readline (or libedit, don't
> remember which one) waiting for input blocked receiving control messages,
> as far as I remember.

I see. How can I make system to send unexpected messages to ngctl?

Ganbold