Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:42:32 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@ptavv.es.net>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@embratel.net.br>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, John Gordon <john.gordon@windriver.com>
Subject:   Re: xe driver broken? (Solution)

> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:10:49 -0200
> From: Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@embratel.net.br>
>
> Hi,
>
> Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > OK. The issue is to figure out why the driver is having a problem
> > adjusting that.
> >
> > Try this:
> >  sysctl -w machdep.pccard.mem_start=0xd00000
>
>     Something changed, but still did not work.  The CIS mapping could read
> something, but still, nonsense.  Went to the sources, and suspected you meant
> 0xd0000, one zero less.  It worked!

Can't type or can't count. Either way, I'm glad that this fixed it.

>     Looking in Windows resources, pcmcia devices start using from 0xcc000.
> Tried this, and it is working.
>
>     Setting sysctl from rc.local is not useful, since I need to remove and
> reinsert the card before using it.  I tried to fix it by setting the default
> at /boot/loader.conf, but it did not work.  Setting it at /etc/sysctl.conf
> seems to work, but there is a race condition.  Maybe the memory range
> detection should be fixed, and/or loader should be taught how to set it.

I think you can do this in /etc/pccard.conf. This will be used each
time the card is inserted. Just edit/create /etc/pccard.conf and put
changes from /etc/defaults/pccard into it. Contents of pccard.conf
will override those of /etc/defaults/pccard.conf.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)