Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:12:18 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, java-port@FreeBSD.ORG, ritter@orbisys.com
Subject:   Re: JWS2.0/libawt.so trouble

> I just modified the jws startup_wrapper to output the java command line
> and this is what I get:
>
> /usr/local/Java-WorkShop2.0/JDK/bin/i386/green_threads/java -classpath

Why is java being run out of there?  If the JDK is installed there, then
you need to change JAVA_HOME to point there.  (I don't know what's going
on with regard to Amancio's changes/patches, so forgive me.)

> -Djws.xdisplay=:0.0 sun.jws.Main
>
> It looks like it's setting jws.xdisplay to the correct value.  Is this the
> variable you were referring to?

No, I'm referring to the 'DISPLAY' variable, which is part of your shell
and is used by the java shell script to use the 'appropriate' JVM.  (One
doesn't contain any linkage for the X stuff, hence the original error.)

Nate