Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:48:12 +0100 (BST)
From:      "J. A. Landamore" <jal@mcs.le.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Web inconsistentcy

I assume that you are trying to get as many people as possible to use FreeBSD.
I certainly prefer it to Linux.  It would therefore help if naive users could
actually get it!  Since the release of 3.1 the links from the web pages have
pointed to 3.0 !!!!!  I know how to get it by ftp, what chance a newbie?
Look at

http://www.freebsd.org/where.html for example

it still points to 3.0.  Please, this is a common problem for web sites, if you
are going to change information CHANGE THE LINKS (yes I did mean to shout
because this problem really cheeses me off)

John Landamore			| Researchers have already cast much darkness |
Sys. Admin.			| on the subject, and if they continue their  |
				| investigations we shall soon know nothing   |
e-mail:	jal@mcs.le.ac.uk	| at all about it.			      |
				|		- Mark Twain -		      |

Phone: 	+44 (0)116 2523410
Fax: 	+44 (0)116 2523604