Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 02:35:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>
To:        Crist Clark <crist.clark@globalstar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
Subject:   Re: su change?

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Crist Clark wrote:
> Ummm... This page says,
>
>   7.My Sun is in full-security mode (can't even boot without password)
>     and I don't know the EEPROM password. How do I fix this? (Replace chip)
>
> "Replace chip." You know a trick? I'd be curious. I had an admin do
> this once ('course, with our Sun contract, a tech replaced the chip
> the same day, no big deal).

Smashing ^C like a mad monkey once SunOS starts over the com-console (no
keyboard) is another...

^C^C^C^C #
# fsck -p
# mount -a
# eeprom (-flags to change password)

Then reboot, remove the security (since you now know the password). I
honestly didn't think IPXs would be *that* easy to break into...

-----
<kris@nospam.catonic.net>   |