Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:33:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        float@firedrake.org (void)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "iowait" CPU state

> Thank you!  This gets the me disk %busy, which is one of the things I
> was looking for.  Now, can anyone tell me how to tell what percentage of
> processor time is being spent waiting for disk I/O to complete?

Uh, none?

If there is disk I/O pending, the processor just runs a different
process... am I missing your question?  Are you maybe asking what
percentage of time a given process spends waiting on disk I/O,
thather than doing processing?  A rough approximation of this
would be (system time/(user time + system time))*100.  Using the
wall time would not take other processes use of the CPU into
account, but you might consider using that anyway, depending on
why you want the statistic.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---