Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 1995 14:35:57 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <fbsd@clem.systemsix.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

Hello,

> > > I never thought of that, I have run X11R6 on my 1.1.5.1 boxes since
> > I first brought them up.  Probably not... all I can say is try it
> > and see.  Would the first person to answer this question please
> > post results?
>
> No, it doesn't work.
>
> Time to see what happens when you run an X11R5 and an X11R6 server concurrently.

Oh well, i tried...  I guess the powers that be should remove:

freefall:/incoming/Mosaic-1151.tz

IF diskspace becomes tight.  I suspect that many 1.1.5.1 users are
using X11R6 and thus this is still usefull for them.  If my memory
is accurate, all I did to build X11R6 on 1.1.5.1 was get the source
from ftp.x.org, add patches thru level 5, then XFree patches 3.1
(not 3.1.1, that would want X11R6 patches thru 11) and say
make world.  It figures out that you have freeBSD, 4-5 hours later
you are in business.  I suspect you could also do level 11/3.1.1
without problems.  Don't bother to ask me for an
X11R5/freeBSD.1.1.5.1 mosaic, I don't have diskspace to hoist X11R5,
sorry...

						Steve Passe
						smp@clem.systemsix.com