Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 1996 20:44:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ken Wong <wong@wong.rogerswave.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: atapi errors

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Brian Campbell wrote:

> Hmmm ... it'd be nice to blame it on the hardware, but I don't think I
> can this time.  Booting the same machine into windows 95 or qnx enables
                                                             ^^^^
It is nice to see somebody is running a realtime OS.
do you mind if I ask what are you using it for?

> the CD to be read without any problems.
>
> I was hoping someone would say "oh, that's been fixed in -current, grab
> atapi.c" or "oh, looks like it timed out too soon, adjust flarg to plib"

I think the problem with your h/w is that you need some delay inbetween
commands. I could have done it, but don't have your version of cdrom. perhaps
you can edit the atapi_cmd(..) in atapi.c and see...

good luck
ken