Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:57:01 +0200
From:      Aleksandr Stankevic <aleksandr.stankevic@gmail.com>
To:        =?windows-1252?Q?Arnoldas_=8Aareckis?= <Arnoldas.Sareckis@ittc.vu.lt>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Country mirror for Lithuania question

Hi Arnoldas,

I am the old lt.freebsd.org maintainer. ftp.lt.freebsd.org is hosted at =
Hostex, but i have left the company a few years ago, so probably nobody =
took care of it after i left.
I can add your mirror as ftp2.lt.freebsd.org, or ask Hostex if they are =
still willing to maintain their mirror - and if not, then change ftp.lt. =
to your mirror address.

On Mar 10, 2012, at 12:16 PM, Arnoldas =8Aareckis wrote:

> Hello dear FreeBSD mirrors admin team!
>=20
> I'm writing to You as a representative of Vilnius University, =
Department
> of Information Technology.
>=20
> We have noticed that in Lithuania there isn't a single fully
> working FreeBSD mirror. ftp.lt.freebsd.org in fact responds with =
errors
> instead of serving content, while ftp2.lt.freebsd.org fails to open =
too.
>=20
> Would it be beneficial to host a long-term oriented and reliable =
mirror?
> The mirror would be hosted and maintained by Vilnius University. At =
the
> moment we already host full Linux Debian and Ubuntu repositories, also =
Mozilla,