Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 1998 22:00:03 +0200
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TEAC CD-R55S not recognized as worm, hacked a bit, but still doesn't work

As Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Finally I bought a TEAC CD burner. Had not much time to look,
> if it's good supported under FreeBSD, and since it was a gift
> from a company, I hoped that it rocks well...

Your way didn't have much of a chance to succeed.  In order to add
support for a new drive to worm(4), you need a little more information
about the drive.

Stay with cdrecord by now.  Kenneth Merry (sp?) once told me that he's
going to move worm(4) to CAM some day, this will also be a good chance
to rethink some of the original design ideas, and at least the SCSI-3
MMC standard should be supported then, too.  (When worm(4) was
written, there was no sign of any common standard among the CD-R drive
vendors).

Given all the other TODO's with CAM, i guess this won't happen really
soon now.

--
cheers, J"org