Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:03:09 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Alexei Khalimov <lesha@altavista.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86 + Riva128

Hello!

I know this don't belong here, but may be some of you experienced
the same problem. I'm running FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE on AmdK6-266 with
ASUS v3000 graphics adapter based on Nvidia's Riva128 chipset.
I can start XFree86's SVGA server, which got support for my chipset
and it work just fine, but when switching back to text mode all text
becomes yellow, just like one of RGB signals is not coming thru
(actually blue, because yellow = red+green), restarting X server or
switching video modes & bpp won't help, blue color is still missing
from text mode. May be some of you experienced the same problem?

p.s. that's not chipset bug and/or bad card, because
     same things work fine in WinNT 4.0

Cheers,
        AL.