Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2018 07:51:28 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        "lev@FreeBSD.org" <lev@FreeBSD.org>, Eric van Gyzen <eric@vangyzen.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Celeron J3160 with enabled Turbo mode stays at 480MHz(lowestsetting) forever and can not lower frequency without Tuebo mode

I don't think you need something accurate.

We don't know whether it is implemented through ACPI or similar to the old =
turbo jumper on the MB, which increased the clock rate and sometimes the vo=
ltage ( required to maintain stability when increasing the clock rate). We =
don't know how your MB manufacturer implemented this.

My guess is it's probably through ACPI but you don't know until you have so=
me rough measurements.

---
Sent using a tiny phone keyboard.
Apologies for any typos and autocorrect.
Also, this old phone only supports top post. Apologies.

Cy Schubert
<Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com> or <cy@freebsd.org>
---