Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 20:36:12 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Gilad Rom <rom_glsa@ein-hashofet.co.il>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt878 based card.

Gilad Rom:
 |and recompiled it. the related dmesg output follows:
 |[....snip....]
 |bktr0: <BrookTree 878> at device 4.0 on pci0
 |[....snip....]
 |bktr0: interrupting at irq 11
 |Warning - card vendor    0 unknown. This can cause poor performance
 |IMS TV Turbo, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.
 |[....snip....]
 |
 |Ive generated /dev/bktr0 using /dev/MAKEDEV, but whenever I try to
 |use fxtv, it says /dev/bktr0 isnt configured.
 |
 |I must be doing SOMETHING wrong in here, I just cant seem to
 |track it down. Any suggestions?

Well, I'm no expert at those "not configured" errors, but I wonder if the
version of the driver you're running is expecting different major/minor dev
numbers than the MAKEDEV script is assuming.

Shot in the dark.  Does yours look like this?:

> ls -l /dev/bktr0 /dev/tuner0
cr--r--r--  1 root  wheel   92,   0 Feb  6 17:23 /dev/bktr0
cr--r--r--  1 root  wheel   92,  16 Feb  6 17:23 /dev/tuner0
                            ^^^^^^^
Randall