Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 1995 13:05:46 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        wastarme@ptes.com (Bill Starmer)
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Unix

> I am studying for my CNE certification.  For my final I will be taking the
> NFS test.  I will need a Unix workstation on which to prepare for the
> exam.  I would be interested in learning on your system.  How can I go
> about getting a copy to load on my PC at home?

If you have an Internet connection with a SLIP link, you can simply
search the next server that has the FreeBSD files on it. Look into the
"2.0-RELEASE" directory on that server and download and read the "INSTALL",
"RELNOTES" and "README" documents. These should explain how you can
proceed and what you need to be doing to use FreeBSD.
If you are not internet connected, try to get the documents also over
ftpmail for some other mechanism( internet connected friend) and read them
and if you like it and have a CDROM, buy one of the CDROM's that contain
FreeBSD. There are several's out that has them.
Otherwise you need to get many floppies and load it on floppies and
transport them to your home and load it with floppies.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe