Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:38:30 +0300
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing how PCI-PCI bridges do resource allocation

Hi.

On 19.04.2011 21:50, John Baldwin wrote:
> I've already had at least one testing report that this fixes the issues with
> some machines' BIOS clearing the I/O windows on some PCI-PCI bridges when ACPI
> is enabled as this code re-discovers the original windows and programs them
> correctly.  More testing would be good however.

I would like this helped my Acer TM6292 which also has alike problems
with missing PCIe bridge resources, but unluckily it doesn't.

Here is verbose dmesg when my system uses this dirty hack:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/tm6292_pcie.patch
  to restore bridges resources to the pre-ACPI state:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/dmesg.boot.hacks

Here is respective `pciconf -lvcb` output:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/pciconf.hacks

Here is dmesg with patches, but without NEW_PCIB:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/dmesg.boot.olbpcib

Here is dmesg with patches with NEW_PCIB:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/dmesg.boot.newpcib

Tell me if you need more info or have more patches to try.

--
Alexander Motin