Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 00:33:21 +0930 (CST)
From:      Jarrod <hostmaster@mtloftyhistsoc.asn.au>
To:        Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uncontrolable Rebooting 4.0-R

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Grigoriy Strokin wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 12:00:10AM +0930, Jarrod wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Grigoriy Strokin wrote:
> >
> > > A couple of weeks ago there was a thread called
> > >   New kernel with its ATA drivers damages the filesystem
> >
> > I remeber that thread, oops, slipped my mind.

> > Apparently a fix had been committed to -STABLE, is this correct?  Or was
> > it a fix for Fujitsu drives using UDMA? (or is it the same fix :) The
> > machine boots up and ends up setting the hw.atamodes to:
>
> If anyone can acknowledge this information, please do.
> I have just checked out the state of my send-pr
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=17643
>
> and it is still open, with no any notes
> of follow-ups, excpept my own notes.

Correct me if im wrong here (if im looking at the wrong line) but the
problem is also occuring in my case on the SiS 5591 mb.

Apr 23 00:02:34 madness /kernel: atapci0: <SiS 5591 ATA33 controller> port
0x4000-0x400f,0x374-0x377,0x170-0x177,0x3f4-0x3f7,0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 at
device 1.1 on pci0

--
Jarrod Sayers (hostmaster@mtloftyhistsoc.asn.au)

Information Technology Manager
Mount Lofty Districts Historical Society, Inc.
http://www.mtloftyhistsoc.asn.au/