Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:56:10 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        NAKATA Maho <chat95@mac.com>
Cc:        Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Subject:   Re: single precision fftw wanted

Yesterday I submitted a PR creating a port for gromacs.  I found a way
to change some flags so that it also works with double precision fftw.
It is at ports/71211.  It has WITHOUT_FFTW and WITH_FLOAT flags, etc, so
when a single precision fftw port is created, the gromacs port can be
easily modified.  (There is also a WITH_MPI flag, which I think also
should be an option with fftw - this will allow people to use clusters
of computers.)

To be honest I created this port because someone else asked me to - I
have never actually used gromacs myself.  So if anyone else wants to
take over the gromacs port (or write their own one) I am happy to pass
it on.