Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:02:32 +0200
From:      Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de>
To:        Renato Botelho <garga@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security/ca_root_nss: Remove duplicate PLIST entry

> On 19. Sep 2023, at 1:42 PM, Renato Botelho <garga@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> According to the commit log, those files are already handled by =
@sample entries on pkg-plist so nothing is gonna change on final =
package.

Reading the commit message and discarding the bug report link
aside, I think the point was the ambiguity between ETCSYMLINK
turned on and off, and actually processing the resulting link
as a file in the package to ensure consistency between the three
symlinks provided (and not just the sample files).

I'm still missing an argument for the change, best one backed
up by a bug report raised.  I'm sure "the lint pass told us it's
not needed" tailored to an ideal world assumption where sample
files are always considered their non-sample counter parts is
an argument in the way that ca_root_nss tries to provide multiple
files strapped over a sample keyword as a single point of truth.

Cheers,
Franco=