Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 03:27:19 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        "Digital C." <admin@cyrebels.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: File sharing with 2 computers on a LAN...

DOH DOH DOH DOH, dang I can be so stupid sometimes (well most of the
time, actually)!

You want to connect to the SHARE name, not the full path! If you have
set e:\+Mp3-archive to be shared as mp3, then the command would be:

shlight //mybox/mp3 /mp3

Let me know if that works. Sorry for the confusion.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment,
Digital C. wrote: > Hey... sorry but it still wont work!

> E:/+Mp3-archive is the folder i want to share, i did properties;Sharing;
> Share As;
> name: mp3, no passwords, read-only.
> then the cute little hand appeared....
>
> then i did the following cmd:   dc# shlight //mybox/e/+Mp3-archive /mp3
> -n
>
> and i got this errror: error connecting to server: [1] Operation not
> permitted

Walter Brameld

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.