Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:04:03 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        jb@freebsd.org, Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: calcru-triggered panic?

On Monday 20 November 2006 16:38, Rene Ladan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got the attached panic on CURRENT 2006-11-17.
>
> It was preceded by a lot of 'calcru' messages.

The calcru messages you can ignore.

This is the real problem:

panic: blockable sleep lock (sleep mutex) tty
@ /usr/src-current/sys/kern/kern_event.c:1670

This panic is due to the recent changes to printf to try to buffer the printf
output.  It now runs cnputc() under a critical section and syscons(4) tries
to do a ttwakeup() which invokes KNOTE() and tries to lock a regular mutex
while inside the critical section.  I'm not sure how best to fix this.

--
John Baldwin