Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 10:00:22 +0100 (MET)
From:      sos@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, nate@mt.sri.com
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA comments

> As Nate Williams wrote:
>
> > Not that it makes any difference, but I'm mostly responsible for the
> > syscons brokeness in 2.2.

NO, you are not, I let the stuff done by kazo in because it is much
better than what we had, and sure is a step in the right direction.

> No, only for the input part (if at all).  The ``buggy pty'' behaviour
> that for example bites the Emergency Holographic Shell is certainly
> not your fault.
>
> I think the ScrollLock feature used to have problems all the time, in
> particular if output data arrived while one was scrolling back.

Erhm, could you be more specific about this one ?? I know I use it
this way often and it has newer failed on me (yet).

> You know, i've been also once yelling at you for making the keyboard
> driver in the 2.2 branch a ``patch of the day'' work, but it seems
> it's now more stable than it used to be before.  Unless you are really
> sure that ripping it out again will cure at least one or two very
> annoying problems, it's probably not worth doing.

DONT rip it out..

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..