Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:50:37 -0600
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        Adam Fabian <afabian@austin.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/X11R6/include/X11 needed but not found during port builds

Adam Fabian wrote:
> My ports aren't finding the files in /usr/X11R6/include when they are
> needed.  (I may be making an overly-sweeping generalization; both
> mozilla and firefox apparently failed for this reason)
>
> That's my problem, in a nutshell.  I tend to run make under a clean
> environment, since I've found stuff like CDPATH breaks things.  Here's
> the sort of environment the port makes run under:
>
> HOME=/home/afabian
> PS1='$ '
> OPTIND=1
> PS2='> '
> TERM=dumb
> PPID=71625
> PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
> IFS='
> '
>
> Here's /etc/make.conf:
>
> PERL_VER=5.8.5
> PERL_VERSION=5.8.5
> PERL_ARCH=mach
> NOPERL=yo
> NO_PERL=yo
> NO_PERL_WRAPPER=
>
> I can tweak this to work with a symbolic link, (ln -s
> /usr/X11R6/include/X11 /usr/include/X11) but I
> can't figure out why it's suddenly broken when it used to work.

Here's what I have in my .cshrc file:
set path = (/sbin /bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin /usr/games /usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/bin /usr/X11R6/bin $HOME/bin)

Now - for issues pertaining to FireFox/Thunderbird - read the history in
  /usr/ports/UPDATING

--
Best regards,
Chris

By pressing "Scroll Lock" you can use the arrow keys to scroll backward
through the console output.  Press "Scroll Lock" again to turn it off.