Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 22:55:35 +875400
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   xntpd - VERY old folks, how about updating? :-)

This is not a port, its part of the RELEASE!

Its several YEARS old, and doesn't work right - you get lots of STEP changes
instead of what you SHOULD get, which is a slew on the system clock.

The new code (which has a current release date of this month) DOES appear
to work correctly (I'm still verifying it, but it's certainly better
than what is in the tree right now!)

What does (someone) need to do to get this changed out/updated?  I can't
send it in as a port, since its part of the base package (setting
it up as a port would be pretty trivial from what I can see)

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!