Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:48:40 +0100
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   libgtop2 - wrong uptime calculation?

there is a problem with the new glibtop calculating the uptime (maybe
also the idle time).

in my search for more speed/tuning my pc and my leaning towards
experiments ;-) i've
added DEVICE_POLLING and HZ=1000 to my kernel conifg and added
kern.polling.enable=1
to /etc/sysctl.conf. but i've found out this slows down my pc in a
dramatic manner.

a other effect of that journey was that gdesklets-sysinfo which gets the
uptime from libgtop
shows me after a real uptime of 2:54 only 1:22.

now i've remove all that stuff with the new effect that after a real
uptime of 31 minutes
sysinfo shows me a uptime of 40 minutes.

guess there is something wrong, or?

franz.