Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2006 23:40:38 -0700
From:      Walt Pawley <walt@wump.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   possible clarification

IMHO, at this page ...

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-understanding.html

... section ...

5.2.2 The X Client/Server Model

... this statement, seemingly intended to clarify the
client/server relationship in X11, ...

"It is important to remember that the X server is the machine
with the monitor and keyboard, and the X clients are the
programs that display the windows."

... has just the opposite effect on me. Either I'm still
confused about said relationship or something like the
following might be clearer:

"It is important to remember that the X server is the machine
with the display, mouse and keyboard, and the X clients are the
programs that send data to server to be displayed in a window
or receive data from the server's input devices."
--

Walter M. Pawley <walt@wump.org>
Wump Research & Company