Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 2020 18:26:38 -0300
From:      "Dr. Rolf Jansen" <freebsd-rj@obsigna.com>
To:        Oskar Holmlund <oskar.holmlund@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: User Space GPIO Interrupt programming - GSoC-2018

https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2018Projects/UserSpaceGPIOinterrupts
> >=20
> > I installed the recent 13.0-CURRENT snapshot (2020-11-19) on a =
BeagleBone Black which was one of the implementation targets of said=20
> > project, but when running the test tools, I either see cannot =
read/kevent/poll/aio_read - Operation not supported by device or =
Inappropriate=20
> > ioctl for device.
> >
> > Perhaps I need to pull the project=E2=80=99s changes into the kernel =
by myself. However, before this I would like to ask whether it is worth =
the effort.
> >=20
> > Please, can anyone shed some light on this.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Rolf
>=20
> Hi Rolf,
>=20
> I dont have any details about the GSOC.
> But the code is not in base.
>=20
> I have written a similar driver for my needs. It is much simpler and =
provides a notification to userland through kqueue events in the event =
of a change and counts the number of changes that have taken place over =
time.
> I can share the code if you want.

Hello Oskar,

Yes, please, I would be very interested to get hands on your code. And =
some usage instructions would be great as well.

I guess, this would give me a jump start with said project.

Best regards

Rolf=