Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 1995 20:06:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gang-Ryung Uh <uh@grep.cs.fsu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        apsfilter@knobel.gun.de
Subject:   HP LaserJet II P

Hi,

I have an old HP LaserJet II P (512kbytes memory) printer.
I download aps-491.tgz from the ftp.cdrom.com and setup
filters in order to print ps file. But I can not print
ps file. When  I issue "lpr -Plp chess.ps", then my printer
responds on that request, but starts printing garbage.

Also, for the ascii file, "lpr -Pascii .login" prints 2-column
output, but only the half of text at the first column appears
in the first page and the other half of text, which should have
printed at the first colums in the first page, printed in the second
page. I set the paper size option for the aps as "legal".

If you have LaserJet IIp and make it work for FreeBSD 2.0.5 R,
Would you please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
--Uh