Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:25:50 +0100
From:      Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   fsck panic; ffs_vfree: freeing free inode

After a reboot due to a crash, fsck panic'ed on me with the following
message:

dev = ad0s1a, ino = 270, fs = /
panic: ffs_vfree: freeing free inode

This was with a kernel of Dec 20. To be sure I compiled a new kernel and
world with recent sources but I still get the same panic with fsck.

The system is on a IDE disk and softupdates are enabled, I don't seem to
experience any data loss (if I skip the fsck at boot time).

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this are very welcome. Multiple
crashdumps are available.

Thanks

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos				RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/		New Projects Group/TTM