Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2019 14:03:47 -0500
From:      "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@michaelwlucas.com>
To:        jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   enforce_statfs showing leading path

Hi,

I'm experimenting with enforce_statfs for the jails book, and have hit
an inconsistency. Not sure if the bug should go to src or doc. Running
last week's -current.

According to jail(8):

 When set to 1, only mount points below the jail's chroot
             directory are visible.  In addition to that, the path to the
             jail's chroot directory is removed from the front of their path‐
             names.

Seems pretty clear that I shouldn't see anything other than

# jls -h name enforce_statfs
ioc-www1 1

So, as I read it, the jail's chroot directory should be stripped down
to /. But inside the jail:

root@www1:~ # mount
iocage/iocage/jails/www1/root on / (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)
fdescfs on /dev/fd (fdescfs)

I see the jail's chroot directory.

This seems to contradict the man page, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Is this a software bug? A ZFS thing? A doc bug? Or am I just an idiot?

Also, should this path be stripped when enforce_statfs is set to 1 *or
above*? Or is this strictly when set to 1? If I'm filing a bug, it
might as well be complete...

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	https://mwl.io/
author of: Absolute OpenBSD, SSH Mastery, git commit murder,