Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:59:33 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with agpgart on current, XFree86-4, Matrox G400 video

Eric Anholt wrote:

> This looks like the classic error of the agp module having been loaded
> by the drm because it's required, but agp doesn't probe/attach because
> a generic bridge driver has already claimed the agp device.

I doubt that would be a problem as long as it came with a patch to the
release scripts so that the agp device was filtered out of the BOOTMFS
kernel image.  (A quick grep -r for BOOTMFS should show up the sed scripts
that turn GENERIC into BOOTMFS in src/release).

The 'agp' device isn't likely to hurt anything, is it?

Cheers,
-Peter